PLEASE NOTE: APS is currently not offering the PATH program. Check back often for updates!
Anthracite Protective Services LLC is committed to providing high quality, low cost law enforcement training programs to other security agencies, municipal police departments, sheriffs departments and many others.
Practical And Tactical Handcuffing is one such course aimed at the law enforcement community. As one of the most utilized tools in law enforcement, handcuffs and other restraint devices are one of the tools least trained with and most incorrectly used. Studies have shown that the chance for officer and/or subject injury can be decreased by proper restraint and handcuffing techniques.
Upon course completion, the student will be well versed in the following:
- Handcuffing Nomenclature
- Hinged and Chained Handcuff Nomenclature
- General Handcuffing Guidelines
- Handcuffing resistive, semi-resistive and non-resistive subjects
- The Prone Straight Arm Lock
- Disengagment and Decentralization Skills
- Standing a Prone Handcuffed Subject
- Removing Handcuffs Correctly
- The Concept of Frisk and Cuff
- Use of Contact Cover Technique
- Use of Plastic Cuffs
The benefits of having trained and accredited staff are well known to all agencies. By investing training monies into this program, your agency can benefit by:
- Reduced injury to officers and subjects
- Reduced exposure to civil liability
- Reduced workers compensation payments
- Increased performance, efficiency and speed when applying handcuffs
- Increased confidence and morale
- Increased safety.
PATH ® is a registered trademark of Personal Protection Consultants, Inc.